Wednesday, February 29, 2012

So much for not talking about my hair!

So I've realized over the past week or so that my hair has grown! :D I think it's thanks to those vitamins. I think they are actually working. Because it looks like I have close to half an inch of growth since I dyed my hair which was roughly two weeks ago. That's really good! Usually hair grows half an inch a month. So it's pretty much growing at twice the rate if my estimations are correct! I'm guessing if I keep taking vitamins and it's growing at this rate I can have it grown out in like 8 months maybe? Probably 6 would be acceptable. I don't mind if there are a couple inches at the bottom of dark hair cause that may look pretty cool.

So with my hair growing, that means my layers are growing out on top. They were starting to look pretty weird. So I cut them. I actually cut off a lot of hair. I had about a fistful in the trashcan when I was done. I gotta say, it's probably my favorite cut so far. I was a little scared last night cause when I showered to get all the hair off I could feel a very obvious difference. I thought I cut out too much, but I actually didn't.

I bought some manic panic in vampire red. I'm scared to do it. I did a strand test with some of the hair I cut off...wow. It's pretty red. If I do do it, I'll have to do it on a day when I don't have work for a couple days so I can fade it some. I left it on the strand for like 40 minutes. Some people say to sleep with it in your hair and it will stick longer. I would do that if I didn't have a job. Actually I'm thinking about applying at Sally's. I think it would be really fun for me. I don't know if they're hiring or not, but it's worth a try!

I was looking up stuff about bleaching, and it seems kind of risky. I actually just did more research and am considering doing something called a bleach bath. It's adding bleach to a shampoo and working it through. I would only apply it to the bottom of my hair since I don't need the top lifted at all. I'm hoping it will lightly lift it and balance out close to my top color. It's supposed to be a lot less damaging than straight bleach. I'm not sure if I'll do it or not yet, but I am considering it.

I just read about another thing which is crushing up a bunch of vitamin c pills and adding them to shampoo and letting it sit. (http://kimmikillzombie.killer-cosmetics.com/2010/02/home-remedies-for-the-removal-of-hair-dye-do-they-measure-up/) Apparently it works really well. I may actually try this one first, since it's probably the least damaging. I'm really excited about all these methods I'm learning about! It would be pretty cool if I tried this and it ended up an ombre color! That's probably possible. Actually it would be reverse ombre :/ probably still cool though. Ah I want to go buy some vitamin C now! I need to get a processing cap too. If I do this and it gets the red out, I may consider buying some toner or toner shampoo and seeing if it gets blonde.

I think I'm gonna wait on the manic panic for a while. At least until I do the vitamin c thing. I may actually do that a couple times depending on how well it works. It sucks how I always get really motivated at night when I can't do anything. Also I have work and school tomorrow so I don't think I'll be able to. Unless I go to walmart after work. Then do it to my hair tomorrow night after school. I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment