Saturday, February 18, 2012

Fashion World

I hate how easy it is to get caught up in fashion and make up. One person pins something and you're like "ok, this must qualify as fashionable." But when you look at what it really is, it's rather ugly. Like high-waisted straight-leg pants with loafers and a mustard yellow shirt tucked in with a big hat. I mean seriously? A girl cannot wear that and be like "this is definitely getting me laid tonight." It's like the picture tricks you into thinking it looks good just because of how it's shot.

I kind of wanted to experiment with the whole "throw whatever together and have it be 'fashionable'" thing, but I realized it was dumb. I should only wear what I like. Which is what I do now for the most part.

Make-up is the same way for me. I don't really think bright pink and neon green eye shadow is actually that good looking. Maybe for a fashion shoot, but besides that, no. I think guys think it's probably scary.

What I was really getting at though, is that feeling you get like "I HAVE to have this." That's how I feel with the mac eyeshadows. All the girls on youtube use mac. I really want a pallet or two. You just get like obsessed with wanting it. Which is unfortunate. I decided to make two "fantasy palettes." lol. Pretty much what I would like to have. I made a neutral palette based on the colors I always see people using in tutorials. The second one has golds, purples, and greys.




You know what? I'm done with maybelline. Their products actually suck pretty bad. At least as far as eyeshadows go. All the shades are incredibly sheer. I have to get so much on the brush and even then it's not that pigmented. I don't know why I always buy that brand. They suck! I guess it's because it's cheap. The physicians formula stuff actually sucks too. Well I'm going to TRY not to buy drug store brands anymore anyway, if I can. I should be able to if I stick to essentials. My goal is to use eye shadow every day so I can use up the crappy stuff I have. At least until I can buy better stuff.

I really wish I could get into jogging or running. Back in high school I actually really enjoyed it when we did it in PE. I need good shoes though. the only tennis shoes I have are really worn out keds. I really need to watch what I eat. I usually don't try to eat that well. For breakfast I do. If I do try to watch what I eat, I usually end up feeling deprived and then end up eating more. Soda is definitely my weakness. Although I feel like I've been somewhat better about it lately. Now I just need to get really good about it. I also have been getting back into the fast food habit again. Maybe I'll do some yoga tonight. Probably not, but maybe. Like right now, I'm inspired to eat well, but I know I won't be tomorrow. You just gotta make the first step. Cause usually once I see that I start losing weight, I tend to make healthier choices to keep it that way, but I always end up gaining it back :(

No comments:

Post a Comment