Monday, February 6, 2012

Sooo

today I bought a hair stripping kit. Along with a brush (for hair dye application), a bowl, and some deep conditioning conditioner. I'm going to try to strip my hair on friday. The stuff I bought comes with some conditioner stuff, but I'm not going to use it. I've been reading reviews on the stuff and apparently it makes your hair like 3 shades darker than it was when you originally used the stripping stuff. So I'm just going to use that deep conditioning stuff instead. I've used the stuff I bought before. I was trying to get my hair really blonde, so I wouldn't say it did exactly what I wanted it to. But this time I should have better results, because I don't want it as light. I'm just really, really tired of waiting. What I plan on doing is using this stuff, then dying my hair my "natural" color. If I don't like that, then I'll probably dye it red again and try really hard not to let it fade this time (I didn't even try this time around). I really hope it goes well. When I did it a long time ago I was stripping it from black. And man did it turn out orange. I wonder if I should try a toner afterwords. I'm really not familiar with it though. I may have to talk to one of the employees at sally's.

I'm actually pretty scared to do it. Because I'll be doing it myself. Last time I did it my mom actually did it. ( I think it was my freshman year of high school). I actually can't remember what exactly I did after that. I'm guessing I tried to dye it blonde. I remember my friend's mom was a hair dresser and worked on my hair and toned it after the fact. I'm really hoping it doesn't damage my hair. It doesn't have peroxide or bleach in it so it shouldn't. My biggest fear is that it will be orange and the "natural" colored dye won't take to it. I'm really wondering what it will do to the lighter half of my hair, since that's what's been dyed red. I'm going to do it on friday since I'll have that night off plus saturday if anything goes wrong. I really wish my hair didn't have an ashy hue to it. I'm scared it will look grey. But like I said, if worst comes to worst I can always dye it red again and it should look pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment