Thursday, February 16, 2012

Stuff

I decided to go through that stuff that's just been sitting in the closet waiting for me to go through. I pulled out like half of it that needs to find another home. What I put back in the closet was two reusable shopping bags full of clothes that I still need to think about. Also, two of the small vases my mom gave me. I was thinking that maybe I could use them for something else, such as a make-up brush holder or pen holder. I pulled out this bento box thing that I just can't seem to let go. It was $20, but sooo tiny! So much smaller than the picture made it seem. Definitely not enough for a meal. I'm trying to think of other uses for it. Earrings maybe? That could work. I pulled out an old halloween costume that I want to sell on craig's list (but I don't actually want to keep it, but it's with keep stuff for now). Then one clear vase which is bigger to be used for actually flowers on the rare occasion when I get them. lol. I believe that's it. I'm pretty satisfied with that for now. I still have that lamp, the media shelf and this bamboo shelf thing in my closet that I'm not getting rid of (atleast not now). Of course they're all big things that take up a lot of space in my closet. I'm having a really hard time with the clothes. One step at a time!

I've come so far since I first started doing this! I'm so happy how much I've accomplished! Sure I've bought some stuff, but it's stuff I've been wanting for a long time and use. If it was an impulse buy then it was most likely a consumable and has no real long-term impact. I've got so much better about buying things just to buy them. I really do consider every purchase and only regret maybe like 2/10 things that I buy. Not horrible! There's still things that I wish I didn't have. Ex. when I first moved in to Daniel's I wasn't making that much money at all and bought a big pack of disposable razors. They've lasted me a really long time, but I still have like 4 or 5 left. Also laying around is a venus razor with a suction cup holder thing for the shower. I'd much rather be using that one, even if the replacement blades are expensive. I just haven't had money for replacement blades until recently. I also bought this pack of nail files that had a crap load in it. I should've listened to Daniel, yet again. He told me just to buy a single one. I didn't listen, and now I'm regretting it. I have my old shampoo and conditioner that actually isn't old. I added chamomile to it, which is supposed to fade hair. Since I'm trying to do the opposite of that now, it's useless so I guess it becomes shaving cream or soap or something. I also bought these flosser things. There's this "vegan" cranberry dental floss at whole foods I really want instead. That's really all I'm wishing was gone now besides the stuff I mentioned earlier. So basically all consumable type stuff.

I've definitely let up on my minimalism. I was somewhat "hardcore" about it before, but then I started getting kind of bored with it. I mean I still practice the principles, having only what you "know to be useful or believe to be beautiful." I'm just not trying to have as little as possible now. Still a small amount, but more than the bare minimum. I'd probably want to have the bare minimum if I moved a lot or traveled a lot, but for right now, it's not really important in my life to have the least amount of possessions as possible. I'm kind of glad my mindset changed, because maybe now I won't be as obsessed with it. I should probably go to sleep. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment