Monday, February 20, 2012

Hardcore Minimalism

I remember back in the day, probably midway through this blog, I thought I could get pretty close to being a hardcore minimalist (less than 100 possessions). There's no way I could do it now. I'm not exactly sure what changed, but something did. I guess I just realized I was bored with what I had. So I bought things, and honestly, they have made me happier. People say possessions don't make you happy, but I believe they can. I mean obviously, they're not the most important thing in life, but they can make you happy.

I guess I just really wanted to eliminate the excess and things I don't like. I feel like I will always have excess unfortunately, because I change my mind so often. I just need to get better about buying things that I know for sure I will use instead of assuming I will like them (nail polishes :(( ) if it weren't so obnoxious I'd just give them to someone.

Right now what I want to get rid of/use up is:

1. shampoo and conditioner with chamomile in it (I'm gonna use that for soap when I run out of what I'm using now)
2. nail files (I have like 20 probably)
3. eye shadows
4. 3 nail polishes
5. teeth flosser things. Call me obnoxious but I really want the cranberry vegan dental floss from whole foods. It takes up a lot less space.
6. 2 or 3 of the body sprays I got at bath and body works (I've been using them to spray my clean laundry since the detergent we have doesn't have any scent to it)
7. I have that physician's formula make up, but I'm not that worried about that since I don't want to spend money on the mac stuff right now

I think that's pretty much it. I have some soft lips chapstick I bought. It's basically garbage. I'm thinking of just throwing it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment