Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pre-sleep Musings

I just spent more time than I probably should have deleting a bunch of pins of my pinterest that are at the moment completely unrealistic. I deleted pictures of rooms in houses I won't be able to afford within the next 20 years, pictures of accessories (such as bags or scarves) from some design blogs that have no source meaning I can't buy them, accessories that are wayyy too expensive, things I no longer find attractive (interior pics or fashion), pictures of outfits that were practically duplicates of another picture, just stuff that I really see no way of every bringing into reality. Call me pessimistic, but I just want to be realistic with myself. I'm definitely a wanter. Yes, a minimalist wanter. I get sad when I see these pictures of things that I can't do or have right now. I'd rather focus on what is actually achievable in my more nearer than further future. The minimalist part of me just wants to cut the bullshit and stick with the good stuff. For me personally, that's better than lusting over interiors that just aren't realistic for me right now then being sad about it. Instead I can work with what's possible. I know this seems silly or weird, but I really dig interiors. More than I wish I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment