Wednesday, February 15, 2012

MAC

So I bought my first thing from MAC cosmetics yesterday! I bought a gel liner in "Blacktrack" (the one I posted the picture of in my previous post). I think it was $15. Expensive, I know. But mac is expensive. I figured it was a good place to start. I am practically out of powder (probably only a few days left). I would like to buy one from mac, but I don't want to use it with the physician's formula foundation. It seems weird to mix brands for that, and won't look like what they're capable of, so therefore, kind of a waste of a lot of money. The powder is $27 and the foundation is also $27. So when I run out of powder, I'll probably just stay out until I run out of my foundation. So if I decide to buy anything before that, I'll probably buy a pencil eyeliner ($15) or a concealer ($17).

One thing I'm confused about though is what I should do about eye shadows. I can't decide if I want to start building a Mac Pro palette (expensive! Case is $16 Each eyeshadow is $11.50. The case holds 15 so 16 + 11.50 x 15 = $ 188.50) or buy the naked palettes from Urban Decay (roughly $100 for both, for 24 colors). Obviously the more economical choice would be Urban Decay. However, if I did that, I would risk paying money for some colors I may not like. It's possible I'll like all of them. The other thing is that I tend to like buying only one brand, because everything matches and I'm just weird like that. Also, I don't really like anything from Urban Decay besides the naked pallets. So they would be the only things from Urban Decay I would have, and wouldn't match with any of my other makeup. So if I bought Mac, I could make a neutral pallet, and then a color pallet, and they both would be in the same packaging. For both though, I feel like they are worth the investment because, I know they will last me a really long time. I also know that once I buy them, I won't be pining over better quality products to replace them with (like I am now.) I will buying just about the best of the best, and won't want any other brand. (besides Chanel and Dior and stuff like that I'm not even interested in those though.) Another thing is that although Mac is expensive, I don't have to buy it all at one time. Two $11.50 eyeshadows a month isn't really that bad.

So if it isn't obvious, I think I've pretty much made up my mind. Yes Mac is expensive, but I know if I buy that I won't regret it. If I buy UD and spend $100 when I could've put that towards what I really wanted, I know I'll regret it. I'll spend the money and realize I want the other stuff and then try really hard to use up all the shadows, because that's what I do. For me if I don't use it, I don't keep it. I know with mac I can get just about any color I can possibly imagine and still have it be in the same packaging.

I'm kind of treating this as a hobby. It's something I've always wanted to get into. I'm not going to go overboard though. Some girls have literally like 8 or 9 of these things. Why needs that much fricken eyeshadow? I only want to buy what I like, not buy it just to complete the collection or whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment