Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Well..

I'm feeling pretty good :) I've finally developed a system that I feel will really work for me. The past week or so I've been decluttering like a mad woman. Don't get me wrong though. That stuff is still sitting in a huge pile in my room and I've been adding to it. I know there's a few things in there I may end up pulling out but for the most part it's all stuff I don't want. :)

Anyway, so I came up with this idea. I literally pull out the boxes in my closet all the time and look for stuff to get rid of. In addition I have one of those storage things that hangs in your closet with different slots and it's cloth. I'm not exactly sure what it's called but I store random items in it along with tank tops. I decided to take all the clothes out of my dresser (besides 1 drawer with undies and such) and put them in my closet and in that storage thing. Then I took all the random objects and put them in my drawers. So now my 5 drawer dresser is only using one drawer for clothes and the rest for objects. My idea was to bring those objects that I'm always going through in better sight so I can stop being so OCD about it.

However there are still those stupid bins. I have gone through them and am pretty satisfied. I just hate looking at them. In one big bin I have things such as my high school diploma, senior year book, cap and gown things along the lines of that. Irreplaceable things. In a small bin I have keepsakes. I may be able to part with some of them one day, but for now I want them. In the last bin (large) there are things that I am saving for when Daniel and I have a house together. Any minimalist would think I'm nuts. I have a french press style tea pot, a drawer organizer, 4 plastic plates in the design we want, vases. I've thought about just replacing it when we actually have a house but Daniel told me that I would regret getting rid of the stuff. I know he's right. I just have to tell myself to leave that stupid bin alone.

So as far as bins go I need to keep telling myself that there's nothing in there I need to get rid of. All that will be in my closet with that stuff (besides clothes) is the stuff I've already brought to Daniels. (Sewing box, macbook box, xbox box).

I'm pretty excited :) I'm really getting down to the nitty gritty now and it's making me so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment