Thursday, July 21, 2011

Limiting

So just now I came up with a list of the amount of clothes I'm limiting myself. Normally I don't actually congratulate myself but for the first time in my minimalist journey I've been coming up with solutions that I think will work for me. The list I'm about to write is of stuff I feel like I need for essentials to my wardrobe that I don't have OR maxes for the amount of clothes I'm allowing myself.

Stuff I Need:

strapless bra
Good pairs of skinny jeans (not ripped) (2-3)
Black belt
Brown belt
backpack
good dressy black shoes

 Limits:

socks (14)
undies (14)
bras (6) (1 strapless)
tank tops (14)
long sleeves (10)
short sleeves (14) Atleast 5 should be dressy
dresses (8) 2-3 should be dressy
sweatshirts/cardigans (5)
coats (4)
pants (10)
shorts (6)
skirts (5)
work clothes (?)
sleep pants (2)
sleep shorts (2)
sleep shirts (4)

This is blindly setting a limit. I honestly have no idea how many of these items I have right now besides socks. Most of my clothes are at Daniels house right now, or else I'd probably count them up. Also, I don't plan on completely maxing any of these besides undies, tank tops, short sleeves, bras, and socks. Also I know my limits aren't very minimal but as of right now these are the amounts I'm comfortable with. Realistically after living like this for 6m-1y I will probably decrease my limits. I'm just going to try this for a while. Also for all I know I could be way under my limits right now. If that's the case then I'll lower my limits. I didn't include any accessories. Mostly because I'm not really worried about it. I have probably 5 scarves, 1 hat, and 1 pair of gloves. Great now I really want to count but can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment