Thursday, July 7, 2011

Clothes

Hmm. I've just been thinking a lot about clothes lately. How much clothes should a minimalist have? Do I want to have that little?

The other day I pulled all of my clothes out of my closet and sorted them into two piles: absolutely do not want to get rid of and could live without. The piles were about 50/50. Then I put the clothes that I definitely want back into my closet. Excluding tank tops and long sleeve shirts, those clothes leave about 50% of the closet free (with the hangers spaced out an adequate amount). I did go through my LS shirts and tank tops, they just didn't go into my closet). For those I have a drawer for each. Mostly because I'm not wearing long sleeve shirts right now and my tank tops are a pain to hang. It's just easier for me if they're in a drawer. On top of that I asked Daniel to sort through my clothes and figure out what he liked and didn't like out of both keep and possibly get rid of piles. (A bold move for most women probably) I figured this would help me make decisions easier. I was actually kind of surprised by the results. He liked just about everything in my possibly get rid of bin. As for my keep clothes he picked out a few items that I had kind of overlooked. They were things that weren't very flattering on me (he didn't say that but after he chose them I realized they didn't) or were old fashioned looking. Some women may find those results discouraging, but honestly I like knowing what my man likes on me and what he doesn't. Being apathetic towards basically everything kind of helped. Anyway. So now I have two piles of clothes sitting on my floor. One that I need to put back. I don't want to though cause I like the way it looks without it. lol. Who knows maybe I'll get down to that one day, but right now I'm not quite ready to get rid of them.

Oh yeah. I decided clothes wise I'm not buying anything unless I'm in love with it. I should be doing this anyway, but I've been trying to experiment with fashion. I believe every time I've bought something for that reason I've ended up wanting to get rid of it. So no more wasting money! Stick to what I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment