Sunday, January 27, 2013

Realizing

That I'm not really a minimalist anymore. I read a blog post from "The Minimalist Mom" talking about she really is no longer a minimalist. She still tries to live with less and without excess, but has no desire to live with a certain amount of things or anything like that. The same is true for me. I don't want to own only 15 clothing items, or be able to fit all my possessions in a suitcase. I want to live comfortably, homey, and in something that doesn't look so barren. That used to be what I was interested in, but when I came to as close as I was going to realistically get to that, I realized it wasn't as desirable as I had once thought. I grew bored and just found myself lusting for more. At least clothing wise. Now don't get me wrong, I don't want to stuff my closet or anything. I would though like to have somewhat of a personality in my clothing choices. I still want to live only with what I use.

I want to decorate. Not with tons of things, but I want colorful art on my walls. Maybe a shelf with a couple of carefully selected objects on it, such as a lomo camera, or my orange elephant coin bank. Man I'm just ready to move in already! We get the keys tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment