Thursday, January 17, 2013

Goodwill

I went to goodwill today to drop off some stuff. Not very much just like 3 or 4 grocery bags full. Feels good though. I always get a little bit of a nervous/empty/relived feeling every time I go to good will. This time it's a little stronger, because I didn't go through those bags super thoroughly before dropping them off. But I'm guessing if they were over there then I probably wanted to get rid of them.

I got somewhat motivated to put those few things on ebay. Then I remembered that my Paypal information isn't up to date since Daniel and I share bank accounts now. I don't feel like updating that information right now.

I'm glad I'm starting to get back into the swing of things though. I think the house is my motivation. It's funny because I'm moving into a bigger area, but want less. Well I always want less. It's just the letting go that's hard. Ahh I'm so excited!! Next, next Monday is when we close! :))

My room is actually starting to feel more empty. Which I love. :) I'm having a little bit of a "now what?" feeling. There's always room to "shrink" haha. Get it? Instead of grow? Anyway. I'm happy with how far I've come in the past couple years. I'm still not very extreme minimal wise. But the last bout of going through things I've been a lot better about getting rid of keepsakes that no longer seem important or worth hanging on to. And stuff I've been holding onto because I feel like I might use it.

I still need to tackle my jewelry. I'm just not satisfied with it for some reason. I never even wear jewelry, but occasionally when I'm feeling a little fancier I do.

I keep looking over at a pile of stuff that isn't really resolved in whether or not I want to keep it. Well most of it is sell stuff, but I also have some art. A big camera bag with lomography stuff in it. Actually I'm going to get rid of that I just decided. I've been thinking about it for a while now. I'm going to keep the camera and film. But I don't need a giant bag sitting around. I have a bag I can use instead if I ever decide to take it out. I've been holding onto the bag, because its grey with black stripes, which is my thing. I know I'll never find another bag like that. And it was only 99¢. But I don't use it.

I'm so bored right now. Daniel is watching a movie in the basement. I couldn't focus on writing so I came upstairs. But now I'm kind of bored with writing. Well I want to write I just can't think of anything to write about. Ugh I've been eating so bad lately. Ever since we went on the cruise. Probably before that too actually. But I just can't stop eating bad :( I bought healthy food but I haven't been eating it as much as I'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment