Monday, January 7, 2013

Guess whaaaat?

They accepted our offer on the house!!!! It doesn't seem real! I keep expecting to get a phone call saying something didn't work out, but it hasn't happened yet! We still have to do inspections and stuff obviously. But we close on the 28th of this month!! I'm beyond excited. Apparently there was another better offer on the house, but for some reason we still got it! I don't know if it came in too late or what. But I'm thanking for God for this one. Daniel and I both prayed hard and it worked!

We're going to be in 1,400 sq ft of pure bliss! It's going to be so cozy and perfect. Our friends are already offering to help us do work on the place. Like I said though all it needs right away (and pretty much period) is floors and paint. Daniel and I want to do dark wood laminate floors everywhere (since hardwoods are expensive). And we're gonna keep the paint light. Either white or light gray. I'd obviously prefer white everywhere, but I'm not going to be the only person living there. The cabinets are pretty ugly, but were going to paint them white. For now. Maybe down the road we'll replace them but for now paint is good.

I just can't believe it's finally happening!! The wheels are already turning in my head about furniture. Who am I kidding? I've been thinking about furniture for our future house for as long as I can remember.

A downer though is that the house is only 3 br which means Daniel gets a music room and I'm getting a craft room/office. So no guest room. I probably don't need that office, but realistically it's going to get used everyday whereas a guest room will only get used 2-3 times per month max. So our friends are getting an air mattress. Or the couch. I'm happy though because I really think we'll use all the space in the home. There is a dining room which I don't think we'll use. Maybe we will when people come over, but we won't use it everyday. But that's pretty much it.

I can't wait to start taking the next steps. I'm just gonna be praying there are no surprises along the way.



No comments:

Post a Comment