Friday, September 9, 2011

Goodwill

I FINALLY started taking the crap at my old house to the goodwill! I probably brought about 1/3 - 1/2 of it! It makes me really happy! I won't be completely satisfied though until it's all gone. Of course my mom wanted to go through the stuff I was bringing (she REALLY didn't need to). I asked my sister and she took a few shirts. I gave my mom a hard time about the stuff she took, but whatever. Maybe I can go again tomorrow! I hope I can. The biggest thing is getting Daniel to take me. I don't think he minds but he's not going to want to go out there 3 days in a row. Oh yeah I'm not taking my stereo or my playstation 1. I figure I may be able to make a little off of those. At least my stereo. I'm so happy! :)

By getting rid of all this stuff I'm sort of starting fresh. Not buying things I don't need or won't use, or plan on using then don't. No more random decorations from the thrift store (although I've been out of that for a while). That's what a lot of that stuff is though is crap I've bought from thrift stores. For some reason I was really into that. My sister never really got into buying stuff from thrift stores except clothes. I actually kind of miss going to the thrift stores with my mom though. It was one of my favorite things I did when I was younger. We would go shop then eat at some sort of chinese buffet or something. It's funny the kinds of traditions people have. Anyway, the experience was fun, but I know where that road takes me: accumulation of crap. (I honestly don't even find things I like at thrift stores anymore.)

Man I wish I could finish doing that today, but I have work. Also the thrift stores are about 15 minutes away. Oh well. I'll just have to be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment