Monday, September 26, 2011

Feeling content

As of right now I feel mostly content. I still need more clothes, but in the past week or so I've bought 4 shirts (2 thrifted, 2 plato's closet). I'd say it cost me about $20 for all of them. I was pleasantly surprised. The two shirts I got from the thrift store (without looking at the tag initally) were american eagle and old navy. They're in style too. That was definitely the reason I was not so willing to give up those other shirts I wasn't sure about. As soon as I washed the new shirts and hung them up, I took out about 3 or 4 of the other ones I didn't really want, without feeling any regret. I also bought 2 eye shadows last night. I bought 1 for an eyebrow color and one as a treat to myself. it may seem like I'm spending a lot, but it really wasn't all that much. I also don't feel any guilt. I really needed the shirts. I really wanted the eyebrow shadow stuff. I've already wrote on here I'm very self-conscious of my eyebrows. The only color I had that kind of worked was wayyy too dark. Also the 2 eye shadows together came out to $8.99 exactly. They were maybelline. I got sunkissed olive and brown tones (eyebrows).

So yeah. I actually don't even like maybelline very much. Their eye shadows aren't very pigmented. They're just cheap. Also the one I got for my eyebrows was the only color that even came close (out of all the brands) that wasn't super shimmery and at a decent price. But I'm actually happy with it for my eyebrows. I'm mostly happy with it for the olive colors but I was in a hurry so I didn't get to thoroughly test it.

Anyway I'm getting to a good place as far as possessions go and it feels really nice. I have a box of clothes that I don't want anymore (the one I've mentioned previously). I feel like I still need to add a few things. Then I'll take it to my mom's and let my sis and her go through it. Then I'm just gonna take it to one of those drop off shed things they have at wal mart and such. (Since it will be mostly clothes). The box is already full but I don't want to take it just yet. I'd rather wait until I have more. Jewelry is still one place I'm really, really stumped at. I don't wear most of it, but I don't want to get rid of it because I'll feel like I'll use it. But I haven't. I have like 3 teal necklaces. One is buddha, one is like a tear drop shaped stone and the other is like a rounded triangle but it's probably about 2 inches wide. Then I have this red O necklace. It literally like a overstock.com logo. It's kind of nice and was hand crafted, but I don't wear it. I used to like red, but now I don't wear it. I don't have anything that would even match with. I feel like I'll regret getting rid of it, but idk. I think I will get rid of that one for sure.

One day I'll be there. Maybe I won't who knows? It's supposed to be about the journey (lifewise anyway), but idk. I'd kinda just rather be done with it. Sure I could stop, but I wouldn't be done.

I've been doing a lot of "pinning" lately on my pinterest account. Lots of nice design eye candy. It's kind of like my inspiration board. It guides me for what I want to do fashion wise and decor wise. I really love that website, I just wish it ran better. It has A LOT of problems in that department. Also it never updates properly. For example it says I have like around 100 or 200 "likes" and I have like 0-2. It's really annoying. Anyway just thought I'd share that!

No comments:

Post a Comment