Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas

I can honestly say this is the first Christmas I've ever felt that I would be entirely happy if I didn't get a single thing. That makes me very happy! There are a couple things I want, but I wouldn't be upset if I didn't get them. The things I would like are a humidifier, a bodom electric kettle, and a chair for my desk from ikea. I'm probably only going to get one of those things I'm guessing. But Daniel bought me an iPhone for Christmas which I'm very happy about! I did get that early though. We also went shopping a week ago and shopped together for stuff we wanted. He bought me a Mac concealer, Mac foundation, and a couple things from lush. We also found this trash can at an antique store that I've been looking for one that style. I'm not getting it until Christmas though. So yes I have got gifts, but I also would be happy if I wouldn't have got anything.

It's such a good feeling to be able to look at websites such as urban outfitters or mod cloth and see home things that I would've loved before minimalism. Now, I see them and realize there's no value in them for me. Sure stuff is cute, but it would bring me enjoyment for like 1 day max. Then I would grow tired of it taking up space and want to get rid of it. On top of being overpriced and a waste of money. Don't get me wrong, I still lust after the perfect shower curtain or dresser. I try not to get caught up in the small trinket stuff though.

No comments:

Post a Comment