Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Furniture planning

So I tried to quickly explain minimalism to my mom today. Coming from living in a crowded home for the last decade or so, she didn't understand. Or she kind of put it down and made it seem unrealistic. It did make me a little sad to see her react that way, but I guess it's kind of what I expected. She jumped to the idea pretty quickly that Daniel probably wasn't on board for it. I mean he's no minimalist, but he's also grown tired of living in a crowded home and wants nothing to do with it.

Today I had to put my minimalist opinions to use today. Daniel loves to cook and he wanted a wok. I'm fine with that and I know he'll use it. So we bought one. We also found out that Daniels mom got us one for Christmas. A much nicer one. So I tried to make it pretty clear that we really didn't need both skillets. Daniel agreed too. It made me very happy he did. Well just have to take the other one back.

As far as kitchen stuff goes, there really isn't much more we need. We'd probably need a utensil sorter thing, paper towel roll, trash can, table and chairs. That should pretty much be it. We do need stuff in other areas too. I'm just gonna make a list for reference.

Kitchen:

Table and chairs
Utensil sorter
Paper towel holder
Trash can
Small rug?

Living room:

2nd couch?
Media stand
End tables
Coffee table
Rug?

Guest bath:

Shower curtain
Bath mat
Trash can
Light decor
Matching hand towels

Master bed and bath:

Bed stand tables
Dressers
Bed frame or headboard (eventually)
Matching lamps

Shower mat
Hand towels
Light decor

Other :

Coat rack
Place to put shoes?

I'm sure I'm probably forgetting something. So as you can see it's not going to be super minimal, bare bones, but somewhat homey. I'd really like to do an orange theme in the bathroom, but I'm having a hard time finding the perfect shower curtain.

No comments:

Post a Comment