Thursday, January 19, 2012

All this stress is getting to me

I believe I had my first real panic attack today. It started last night with some pain in my chest. Since I was in bed and in between dreams I wasn't worried about it. However I woke up this morning with the same pain. It didn't feel like any kind of chest pain I've ever experienced, it definitely wasn't indigestion. It just felt like pressing on my chest over my heart. Since I eat pretty crappy, I've been pretty high strung lately, and my grandfather's twin brother died at the early age of 14 with a heart attack I started panicking. Of course I got on the internet and looked up symptoms. When I read that the symptoms may not be that obvious I started freaking out even more. I took some medicine with aspirin in it as a precaution. As the time passed I only became more panicked, especially since my mom wouldn't answer her phone. Eventually I got my sister to wake her up so I could talk to her. They (mom and sis) told me I should take the anxiety pills my mom gave me. So I took one and talked on the phone with my mom for half an hour. While on the phone with her, I started feeling tightness and almost coldness over my heart. After that, I took a shower and by then all the anxiety had subsided. Once I got dressed I started playing a game on my phone and that got my mind off things, so I switched to my xbox. I still had a little pain when I got out of the shower, but it was intermittent at that point. I still kind of feel it here and there, but I think I'm fine.

What was bothering me was I didn't wake up feeling anxious or thinking about anything stressful. I just woke up to pain. The pain is what made me anxious. So I have no idea what triggered it. I'm really hoping it was an anxiety attack and not the beginning stages of a heart attack.

I just can't cope with the stress! I never used to get anxious like this! I know it all has to do with the health insurance. I never used to get anxious about health until I had a lymph node randomly swell in my neck and they couldn't find a reason why it did. I wasn't sick or anything. I got scared I had lymphoma. Every since then I've been the worst hypochondriac ever. For some reason I always think I'm gonna die. I never think I may just have a disease, but that I'll die. I really need anxiety medicine, but wait! I don't have insurance. lose, lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment