Sunday, April 14, 2013

Trader Joes' Simplicity

We went to Trader Joe's today as a fun Sunday thing to do. I love that place. I wish it weren't like 30 minutes away. We mostly bought some seasonings. We got like 4 including a Himalayan salt grinder thing. We also got some beer, I got some organic tofu (it was seriously only a dollar something!), turkey burgers, blueberries, strawberries, quinoa, lentil chips, and some organic green tea. I would've got more produce, but we don't really need any at the moment.

What I love about trader joes besides the fact that a lot of it is organic and cheap, is that it's so simple! The store itself is pretty small, and they have a small selection to choose from. Sounds bad, but it is so awesome. Grocery stores are so overwhelming! Even Whole Foods is really overwhelming. But TJ has anything you would need in a small area. I just love how simple it is. The prices are also amazing, like I already said. I really wish it were closer because I would do all of our shopping there.

We also tried out this place called Which Wich, which was a sandwich place. It was really cool you pick a brown paper bag which has the ingredients listed on it, and you pick what you want to put on there. They have so many base options. I got a black bean patty with lots of veggies. It was the perfect size, really good, and healthy! There's one in Buford, so I think we will definitely be going back there.

I think I've finally broken the habit of eating horrible. I mean I'm nowhere near health nut, but I really have been enjoying eating healthier! I just got to the point where I really could not stand how I looked and felt. I hit a breaking point. I'm glad I did, because I feel great now. I haven't hit my goal yet, but I'm getting there. It makes me really happy, because it's something I've wanted to do for a long time. I've pretty much kicked my soda habit. I only say pretty much because I've been drinking diet soda with vodka or rum, when I have a mixed drink. Which I really haven't even been having very often. But that's the only time I've been drinking it. I haven't even been craving it, which is weird. I've had a bottle of diet coke in the fridge (for rum) for like a week and a half or so now and haven't touched it (except for rum). It's probably flat by now. I've just been drinking water, hot tea, and the occasional cranberry juice.

I wouldn't be surprised if all the fruit I've been eating has been satisfying my craving for soda. Cause that used to be the only "sweets" I would have, since I don't have much of a sweet tooth. But man, did I crave soda all the time. Even fast food I really haven't been craving. The way I feel afterwords prevents me from wanting it.

Anyway despite being a dreary, rainy day it was a pretty good one. Wish I had more than one day off a week so we could do this more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment