Friday, April 12, 2013

Plateauing

I think I'm starting to plateau. It doesn't help that I've been unable to say no to alcohol the last two nights. I haven't been eating as good. The night before yesterday I had two (tiny) turkey burgers and a giant sweet potato (probably more of 3/4 of it). But it had a bunch of ketchup and pickles :( I gotta start getting better about that. I usually work out in the morning, but I haven't this morning because I started my period and I'm really not feeling up to it. I don't have to work out every day right? I'll just work out tomorrow since I have to work a double today.

It sucks because I feel like I should still be losing some sort of fat and I don't think I am. I really wish I had a scale. I mean I have definitely been eating better and working out, so you'd think that'd be enough to lose a little. Maybe I have and just don't notice. I've just gotta stick to that jump rope I guess. I was planning on that anyway. But I didn't do it yesterday, because the day before I jump roped for a while. Therefore, my muscles were really sore yesterday. I could hardly walk let alone jump rope. It was weird though cause only one leg hurt. The other one was fine, but it was doing the same amount of work so who knows. I'm proud of myself though kind of (Cause I did end up drinking a crap load of beer). Daniel really wanted to get a pizza or something unhealthy, but I talked us out of it and we got one of those hot rotisserie chickens and ate some broccoli with it. Better than eating a pizza with all the beer.

You know what, I think I am actually losing fat. It's just slowly and I'm not noticing it. Cause I just looked in the mirror and I could tell. I'm just proud of myself for starting so early. I started in the beginning of march I believe. I still have the rest of April and May which should be plenty of time. Especially since I'm gonna start doing that jump rope (cardio burns fat). (I've used it 2/3 days I've had it already).

I really need to start eating even better though. Like no carbs when I eat vegetables, less oil, no crazy condiments (some, just low carb). Apparently, carbs are really where it's at when it comes to gaining weight. Even moreso than fat apparently, which I'm shocked by.

My breakfast really wasn't super healthy today. I had a rather big bowl of honey bunches of oats with almonds. But I really wanted to finish it to get it out of the house. Omg I bought these bananas like 5 days ago and they're still not ripe! I put them in a sunny spot in the house so maybe that'll work. It sucks cause I've eaten some snacks I didn't want to when I could've had a banana instead. I guess I know for next time. I thought bananas took like 2 days to go from green to yellow. Apparently not.

I've been trying to drink more green tea. It's supposed to speed us your metabolism. I'm gonna try putting some cinnamon in there today, cause that's supposed to help too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment