Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Art Supplies

This post is kind of contrary to my last. This is something I've been thinking about for a while. Another area where I kind of suck at being a minimalist is art supplies. And one thing about this is that I almost never make art. Most would say, "if you don't use it, get rid of it." That's the one thing that I just feel kind of hesitant towards. I have prisma colors, oil pastels, sample oil paints, sample acrylic paints, sample water color paint, regular acrylic paint, brushes, pencils, 2 pallets (one for oil one for acrylic), markers. Just tons of stuff. One thing I've thought about doing is limiting myself to watercolors, prisma colors, the 4 markers I have and pencils. The paint is just sitting in a bin in my closet right now, probably thickening and becoming a blob (as acrylic paint does when it gets old).

Even though I don't paint often, I want to. I know if I get rid of it, I will want to paint as soon as it's gone. But if I have barely touched it in two years I should probably get rid of it. It just makes me sad. That was the one thing I was really proud of myself for. I loved that I made art. It wasn't very good, but I liked doing it.

I think I'm gonna do it. In the spring I want to have a garage sale and sell a lot of my stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment