Monday, April 25, 2011

Birthday :)

So today was my birthday. I really didn't get too much this year. I'm not really surprised. I'm getting to that age where money just really does the trick. However what I did get was awesome. From Daniel I got a Holgawood lomography camera and film that I was really hoping for. Daniel's mom got me a $50 gift card to Forever 21 that I'm really excited about. My dad got me $40. My mom is waiting for tomorrow to give me my gift which I just asked for money. So overall a pretty minimal birthday ;) I was proud of Daniel for getting me a black and grey striped gift bag that my camera was in. That made me really happy for some reason. I guess I'm just happy he knows my style. <3

Not too much going on in the minimalist world. I went through some cds the other day and copied them onto my computer so I could get rid of them. I don't want them in my itunes, but I want them just to have. It was only like 3 cds. I also went through my cd case and took out all my playstation 1 games and put them back into their cases and into the outbox. There really weren't that many of those either. Only like 5 or 6. I couldn't decide if I wanted to get rid of it or not, but decided I wanted to. I realized that I was only keeping it for the games and there are newer versions of the games for systems I have such as Harvest Moon, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, and I think Frogger. I don't play it enough to keep it. Plus it's just really old technology. Something else I did, which I'm not completely done with but pretty much is take a picture of all my main clothing items. I didn't include things like scarves, bras, hats, underwear. Just like jeans, shirts, and jackets etc.  This is pretty much just so that I can browse through everything easier when I feel like getting rid of stuff. Kind of OCD I know, but it's something I've wanted to do for a while. Well I guess I have kind of accomplished a lot considering I've been neck deep in school work the last few weeks.

My next goal is to get everything I can scanned onto my portable hard drive. I've wanted to do this for a really long time, but there's something wrong with my scanner. I've got to get Daniel to look at it.

Minimalists pick this lifestyle because they don't want to be possessed by their possessions. However, I'm scared this is having an opposite effect on me. I'm so obsessed with getting rid of things, that I feel like I cannot fully live until it's gone. Like I'll start painting and then stop after like 15 minutes because I want to work on my room instead. I really want to get "there" and soon. I'm scared this minimalism is starting to take over my life. Well I can't say starting because it has been for some time now. Well I guess I'm done for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment