Monday, April 11, 2011

When will I get there?

I think that's a question a lot of minimalist's ponder. I'm really confused, because I feel like I have stuff to get rid of, but when I look at what I think I need to get rid of, it's stuff that I use. That makes me sad. Mostly because I think of most teens. Most teens don't have enough stuff to fill about a quarter of a small room (in excess, not stuff I'm using). Just on random websites I've been on, for example fashion websites where girls post pictures of their outfits, there will be girls taking pictures in their rooms, and it never seems like they have that much stuff! I just can't figure it out. I mean I'm trying really hard to live with what I need and love and yet these people who don't even try have less than I do. It's frustrating.

I've only come up with two reasons this seems to be. My room is big. I have a queen sized bed and there's still a ton of room. Still enough room to do yoga or something. Everything is really spaced out so it feels like I have a lot. I think this is mostly it. Because when I lived in my house before this, my room was much smaller and I had about twice the stuff I have now, but it felt like I had less. I really miss that house.

The other thing is my media cabinet thing. Most girls don't have that. I have a huge tv. I think it's 32" but I'm not sure. It's up really high especially for my bed being on the floor. I don't even think it's supposed to be a media cabinet. I think it's supposed to be a desk because it has a keyboard shelf (that isn't on it currently). It has a ton of stuff in it. I really don't want my stereo. I'd much rather an iHome. Also, I'm thinking of giving my record player to my little brother. I only have two albums and never listen to them, and he wanted one a while back. I just don't think I'll ever use it. I never want to buy albums for it. If I get one in the future it would be a modern one that's thinner. The one I have is just too big.

So yeah. Kind of at a stand still. I'm thinking of buying a shorter tv stand. They had some at walmart for like $24 or $20. Yeah I know it's crappy quality, but the thing I have now is made out of particle board so it wouldn't really make a difference. It would make me happier though and be a lot easier to  watch tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment