Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Kind of retired my "Book of Goals"

I was reading a blog the other day, and came across a statement along the lines of "the best goal to have is not to have any goals". At face value, it seems stupid. But then I started thinking about it. If I don't have those things staring me in the face, they're less likely to stress me out. Don't get me wrong, I still have goals, but I've written them in other places. For example, all my "minimalist" goals are now written in my diary. I've saving my book for more short term goals like doing homework or making phone calls. That way I'll still have the fire under me, but for the things that are priority, instead of making everything priority.

Since making lots of progress towards becoming my version of a minimalist, I've crossed off a lot of my to-dos and don't have much left. So that could be another reason I'm doing it. Something I also did was rip out all the pages that were filled. Sure they're accomplishments, but why not start over? They're not really relevant anymore. Why focus on the past? Doing so made me feel more free. I wish I could just convert to using only a planner, but for some reason planner = school to me. Maybe I will one day, but to scratch my OCD itch, a separate book works.

No comments:

Post a Comment