Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Little House on the Praire

That series is so nostalgic for me. I've actually been rereading them (the first one anyway). I know they're mostly children's books, but they're just so entertaining to read. I mostly just love reading about how simple everything was. I'm almost jealous in a way. I know it was hard work having to basically grow or raise everything you eat. So minimal.

I've thought about it and I feel like the 80's were like the last of "simple" times. I just have watched home videos and heard stories from when my parents were married and before they were married and it just seemed so much more simple and more fun. Although the growth of technology was essential, it just seems kind of nice to live in a time when you aren't being bombarded by messages of what people are doing and their thoughts. When you didn't know what anyone else was up to unless you called them or ran into them.

I'm thinking about deactivating my facebook after Daniel and I get married. You know just to soak up all the congratulations. lol. There's really nobody I talk to on there. It's mostly just posting statuses and hoping people like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment