Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Sorry for my absence

Since we've moved in we've barely had a day to just sit and relax. We've also found a couple tv shows we've been enjoying together that's also been making writing difficult. But everything's going great. We finally got a second cat, but long story short we're actually taking her back today. She was just too much stress right now. There's so much to write about, but it would take so much time so I'm not going to bother.

Since we've been starting to settle in, we're starting to look at decor. Well I have. I can definitely tell that my taste has changed. Before I wanted no decorations, just plain clean lines everywhere. But I've lived in it a week and I can honestly say it's not what I thought it would be. I've grown bored of it already. Sure I still like dark stuff, but I'm actually starting to want more color. But I'm very happy about this. Like yesterday for example, we bought darker orange with hints of red place mats. Something I never even thought I would buy, then when I do buy it it's in orange. But I like it! It actually makes me happy. Lately I've been into a more classy style again. I kind of go back and forth between Scandinavian and "classy". Oh just a side note, our house is IMPOSSIBLE to keep clean :( dark floors and dark furniture surprisingly show everything. Needless to say we will probably do carpet in the next house. But anyway, you know those houses where you just see the kitchens with wine racks, olive oil, seasonings. That's what I'm talking about when I say classy. Whether it really is or not, I'm not sure, but that's the style I'm referring to.

So world market has that style. I love that store, I just wish we could afford to buy anything we wanted out of it lol.

I just am really surprised for some reason that the scandinavian style has made me slightly depressed in a weird way. Maybe cause it's hard to keep clean, maybe cause it's boring, I'm not sure. Maybe I'm just growing up, or maybe it's just a phase, but right now, it's not doing it for me as is. I'm sure after we start to add some real decor I'll feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment