Saturday, March 9, 2013

Happiness

Right now, I'm writing from my backyard. I'm just sitting on a blanket enjoying the warmer weather. It's been so nice. I went for a walk today while Daniel was at work. For exercise, and to scope out the other houses in the neighborhood. I hadn't been down the other street before today. I was happy to find out that our house was one of the nicer ones in the neighborhood. The other ones were nice too, but they weren't really kept up. I do think our house and shutters need to be painted, but the house had a certain charm about it that the other ones didn't. Maybe I'm just a happy homeowner.

I want to decorate so bad! But we can't really afford to right now. I've been thinking about whether I should do an accent wall in my "girl cave" or not. If I did, it would probably be a pastel color. I would do either orange, mint green, or light pink. The decorating thing is really difficult! Even deciding on a style. I want to mix scandinavian with contemporary/"classy", homey, pops of color, and feminine. Doesn't seem easy. I'm gonna try to do it though.

All I keep thinking about style wise is like the homey town houses/apartments you see with the pumpkins outside in the fall and cute wreaths. I keep imagining the smell of cinnamon. I'm imagining oranges and reds. Sounds like fall, but there is a certain feeling I'm aiming for our house to be. Right now it's none of the things I described. It'll just take time. I wanted to go to hobby lobby today and buy some fake flowers (probably hydrangeas or dahlias if they had it) for my girl cave to put on the desk. Real flowers would be better, but I can't afford those.

I'm excited about my new up and coming style. I've kind of always had a thing for it though. It's weird whenever I do something to my room (in the past)/house that I think is my style (scandinavian) I've always been really ocd about it and never satisfied. But when I make the weird purchases that I kind of buy on a whim, I actually end up enjoying those better. Like those orange place mats we bought. I've really liked the way those look. I bought a lamp from target the other night. It was originially for a living room, but we didn't like it in there. It's got a brushed metal silver base with a floral shade with mustard yellow, teal, and hints of black. Pretty feminine, I really like it though. Originally I wanted to do an orange theme in there, but I have a feeling I'll go crazy with orange for the rest of the house,

1 comment: