Monday, April 9, 2012

Thrift Stores

Lately I've really been wanting to go shopping at a thrift store! I've been watching all these thrift hauls on youtube lately and they've really been inspiring me. The pessimist in me is like, you're just gonna buy a bunch of stuff that you're not going to wear and not want in a month. But the fashion part of me is like, do it, it's cheap and you need clothes. So we'll see. I'm just not gonna buy anything unless I'm positive I like it. Cause that's one of the feelings I hate the most is seeing something in your closet/dresser that you may have never even worn. You thought you'd give it a try and it was a waste of money and space. I won't say time though, because I've learned from my mistakes for the most part. Actually kind of time too, because you debate on whether or not you want to get rid of it, which is stressful to me. I know to start listening to Daniel about when not to buy something. Because he's been right on just about every occasion he told me not to. Daniel said we may go tomorrow even though I have work, school, and I need to study for a bit before school. We'll have to be fast. I may try to go once every two weeks or so. I just REALLY need to built my wardrobe. I'm tired of only having a few things to choose from. I know I'll hate the space it takes up, but I think it will be worth it if I feel good in an outfit.

I want to paint my dresser so bad! White of course! I asked Daniel if we could do it today, but he didn't want to. So I asked him if we could do it next weekend, so hopefully he'll want to. I still can't decide about my desk! It might be too much if my dresser is white, my comforter is white, and my walls are off-white. I wish I could paint my walls and my headboard! But they're not mine :(

Yayyy!! I just found out my favorite blogger is back from her "winter sabbatical"! I'm wayy happier than I should be!

But yeah back to thrift stores. I want to go, but I have a really big fear I'm going to start accumulating random crap again if I do! Whenever I got rid of all those boxes of stuff a year ago, probably 70-80% of it was stuff I bought from thrift stores. Sad huh? When I bought the stuff I thought it was cool. Some of it was like heh, I'll try it out see how I like it. Idk. It's probably an irrational fear since my mindset has completely changed since then. I really haven't been buying anything I regret (besides a few beauty products I've mentioned before, but I'm not super worried about those.) As far as non-consumable things. I've been pretty good! It makes me so, so happy. Because I'm saving money, time, useless effort (in searching and buying), and stress. I honestly can't remember the last "material" thing I've bought that I regret. So I don't even know why I'm worried about it! Actually I just remembered a shirt I bought right when it was getting cold. I need to try it on again, but I haven't worn it yet. Idk if that's fair though since it's a summer shirt and it's just starting to get warm. The shirt I'm talking about it like asymmetrical and it may show some of my skin on the side of my stomach, but I'm not sure. I need to try it on.

Right now I have all my clothes in my dresser, but I'm almost thinking about going back to my closet. Because if I start building my wardrobe, I won't have enough room in my dresser. At least to have it in an organized way.

No comments:

Post a Comment