Sunday, June 26, 2011

The more I elimate, the more bored I find myself.

For the past couple years I've surrounded myself with minimalism. Don't get me wrong, I love it. Since it's my hobby, I do it all the time. Eventually you run out of things to get rid of. I feel like I'm close, but not quite there. I've kind of hit a frustrating point in my journey. Part of me feels like I'm done. Then the other side of me (my anxious, always second guessing side) doesn't. Maybe I just really need to get rid of the stuff in my attic. I think another part of it is that I'm not satisfied with most of my wardrobe but I keep it because I can't really afford to buy anything else. So a big part of my life is stuff that I don't like.

The main reason I was writing this though is to say this: I'm bored. I have like 0 real hobbies. I want to make art, but I don't like anything I make. I spend so much time watching tv and being on the computer. Part of me wishes I didn't have a tv in my room, but I know that would drive me crazy. Being a minimalist is supposed to bring me closer to what really matters, now I'm remembering what it was like before I decided to live like this. I was bored, so I found something, now I'm practically done. I need to start disciplining myself to stop watching so much tv at night and get creative. Right now I'm watching a show on HGTV called Color Splash or something like that, so I keep getting distracted. I'm going to turn it off after this show. I love design, but I wonder if I should try to stay off the design websites.  When I go on them I start getting all kinds of ideas for interiors. For regular art, this is great, for home design, not so much. Because if you start to make a room a certain way, you may see something you like more and then regret what you've already done and want to change it. I know I'm very easily influenced unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment