Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I'm a minimalist, but I like things.

Although I may be a minimalist, don't get me wrong I do like things. Just nice things. Things that I truly love and have given plenty of thought. Right now what I'm having a hard time figuring out is what kind of suitcase to get. I love to travel. The last few years I've needed a suitcase probably about 5 times and haven't had one. I've used all kinds of duffel bags and borrowed suitcases, but I want one for myself. I really realized I needed something that rolled from my recent cruise. I used a big duffel bag (and didn't pack my clothes as minimally as I could) and suffered for it. I didn't carry it for very long, but long enough to realize I need a rolling suitcase. So I've been scouring the internet, and I've come up with 3 options from Target.

Here's the first option:


I like it because it's girly and cheap. There's 4 pieces for $89.99. I never really feel that feminine, and this would help me feel that way. I do like it, but it comes a lot of extra. Also compared to my other options, this one is not "light weight" which minimalists truly appreciate. I like this set but the other sets call to me too. Also, since it's so cheap, the quality cannot possibly be good.
 
 So my second option is a 3 piece set. I like this set because I will probably use everything given. The big suitcase will be nice for long trips while the medium will be good for shorter. I probably won't use the tiny one, but who knows. Also, I tried this set out (in a different color) in the store. This one has the "lightweight" I was talking about. Also the shell is hard and protective. It has the spinner wheels too so it can move in all kinds of directions. The downside though is that it's manly looking and very generic. This set costs $134.99.
The third option is the medium sized bag from the previous set. It costs $58.49. This is probably the smartest option, but I just can't decide. Honestly I think it's between the first and third options.

No comments:

Post a Comment